Vejo lá e ponho aqui

domingo, 13 de maio de 2012

cinnamon toast french toast + book preview

cinnamon toast french toast + book preview:
cinnamon toast french toast, a smitten kitchen cookbook preview
Guys, I wrote a cookbook.
When I was 32 weeks pregnant in the summer of 2009 (in fact, this was overflowing on my kitchen counter during my first meeting across town) and should have been doing normal third trimester things like eating jars of Peanutella by the spoonful and repainting the baseboard trim (which still looks awful, not that this will surprise you), I instead decided that I really wanted to write a cookbook. Because new mothers are swimming in free time (“new babies are always sleeping!”), I thought I would finish the book in six months; nine, tops. Stop laughing. Quit it.
Two and three-quarter years later, the “baby” is 2 1/2, I am the proud owner of 2 1/2 gray hairs and, oh, right: The book is done. Even though these have been the busiest and most overwhelming years of my entire life, they’ve also been the most exciting and inspiring. I am so proud of this book. I can’t wait to show it to you. I wish it were out tomorrow. But today, I have a few things to hold us over.

the cover of the smitten kitchen cookbook

First, this above? That’s the cover. What’s that, you ask? It for a tiny recipe called tomato shortcakes. They’re savory. Those are biscuits with green onions. It’s a salad. There’s whipped goat cheese. My editor was visiting that day, and I was just fiddling around, trying to make us a little lunch. My favorite dishes happen this way.
buttered popcorn cookie from the smitten kitchen cookbook
... Read the rest of cinnamon toast french toast + book preview on smittenkitchen.com

© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |
permalink to cinnamon toast french toast + book preview | 834 comments to date | see more: Announcements, Breakfast, Cookbook

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Pesquisar este blog